Sunday was a beautiful seventy-degree day in November that was worthy of time in the yard.
After two hours on the mower, I finished cutting the grass, but with Bermuda being dormant, it was blowing the leaves off the grass and onto beds.
It was time for lunch, then a quick shower, and on to watching NFL Sunday Ticket.
But when I arrived in the den, there was my wife. And our grandchildren, Amelia and Bennett, were napping. Not to my surprise, there was no football on the television. Instead, “Lost”, the leading television series from the early 2000s, looked like it was in the first episode.
I enjoyed the show when it aired, so I was game for an episode, which turned into four.
Locke caught my attention. He was an interesting character, a middle-aged man with a high intensity. He was trying to go on a walkabout in the Australian bush country when the tour guide said, “You can’t do this.”
So, the tour company paid for his flight back to Sidney, where he was returning to the States, until the aircraft broke apart in mid-air.
While on the beach, on the lost island, he and a few others walked to the forest to look for fresh water. There, they were almost killed by wild boar. Locke said to the others, where there is boar, there is vegetation to eat, water to drink, and protein from the boars for us. Locke volunteered to lead a team to the forest and return with a harvested boar. Once again, he heard, “You can’t do this.”
But he did. He overcame a plane that tore apart in mid-air. He overcame his disability of being a paraplegic. Miraculously, the island gave him the use of his legs back.
But none of the other passengers knew Loke’s journey.
And clients and candidates who don’t know us don’t know our journey either. They think that “you can’t do this.”
They don’t know our skills, successes, and what we learn from our failures to help lead them to victory in talent acquisition.
Clients and candidates have had unpleasant experiences with subpar recruiters. Lies. Ghosting. Throwing as much crap as possible against the wall to see what sticks.
And it’s all an opportunity to share how we add significant value.
So, if a client or candidate doubts us and says, “You can’t do this,” remember Locke and his fictional journey.
And don’t believe anyone when they say, “You can’t do this.” I say, yes, you can!
Mindset, Motion, Master the skill. It’s all in our power.
Thanks for reading.
Dedicated to your success,
Founder, Executive Coaching Solutions
p.s. I help business owners in the recruiting and staffing business achieve their goals.
2) Watch a video to learn about the time-saving CRM and Prospecting tool that automates client and candidate outreach through email, text, and phone as well as LinkedIn connection requests and messaging.
3) Click here to learn about The Solution that business owners use to increase their revenues from 30% to 50% and more. A special offer is now available to the first twenty people who enroll.
4) Click here to learn about the eight-plus ways to market to candidates and clients.
5) Click here to schedule a Zoom.
- Could not make it to PRSTO Training or Lead Generation Workshop?
- Like to talk about Group Membership or Private Coaching?
- A general get to know each other?